EDX 3600H Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer
X-ray fluorescence (XRF) is a powerful analytical technique used in a wide variety of industries to determine the elemental composition of various materials. XRF analyzers are widely recognised as a means for accurate, rapid, and non-destructive testing.
The Skyray EDX3600 is a high-end energy dispersive XRF spectrometer (EDXRF) with a large sample chamber which supports most sample sizes. The system comes with a vacuum pump for light element detection and a helium injection system for liquids analysis. The Skyray EDX3600 is a multifunctional rapid analyzer applicable to a variety of applications (some are listed below).
The system comes with easy-to-operate software suitable for all users. The software highlights all the information a user may require on one screen including elemental spectrum, measurement time, sample image and real-time test results, critical instrument data and more. Furthermore, this system provides a colour camera system for simple sample alignment and viewing. In only 10 seconds the operator can see the main elements contained in a sample. Full results are available after a short additional period.
|Mineral (ore) analysis||
|RoHS compliance screening||Detection of concentrations for Pb, Cd, Hg, total Cr and total Br for most products directly affected by RoHS directive including:Consumer equipment, household appliances, IT and telecommunications equipment, lighting equipment, electrical and electronic tools, toys, leisure and sports equipment, medical devices, monitoring and control instruments, automatic dispensers, etc.|
|Pharmaceutical Applications (solution, pellet, chip, powder)||
|Analyzable element range||11Na (sodium) ~ 92U (uranium)|
|Analyzable element content||Dynamic from ppm-level to nearly 100 percent|
|Simultaneous analytical ability||Maximum 24 elements at a time|
|Acceptable sample form||Solid, powder, pellet, liquid|
|Test time||60sec ~ 200sec (extra 50sec if vacuum required)|
|Sample chamber||Atmosphere||Air, vacuum or helium|
|Inside dimension||320mm (diam) x 180mm (height)|
|Environmental requirements||Temperature||15°C ~ 30°C|
|Relative humidity||35% ~ 70% (no condensation)|
|Others||Free of particles, corrosive gases, perceptible vibration|
|Power requirements||AC 220V/110V ±5V, 50Hz (optional AC purified regulatory power supply)|
|Dimensions of spectrometer||650(W) x 466(H) x 608(D) mm|
|Net weight||Spectrometer||Approx. 105 kg|
|Vacuum pump||Approx. 25 kg|
- Large-volume sample chamber able to accept most different sized samples.
- Inbuilt high-resolution camera sample viewing system provides easy sample alignment.
- Newest version of application software provides all the critical information on one screen. Display element spectrum, in-process results of elemental content, camera image, measurement time, etc
- Vacuuming system for sample chamber enhances detection sensitivity of light elements (Na, Mg, Al, Si, etc).
- High stability SpellmanTM high voltage supply with maximum 50KV voltage. Ensure lifetime working stability; adjustable voltage can excite specific elements of interest in best status.
- High excitation efficiency Oxford™ 50W X-ray tube. Provides high-efficiency X-ray source, high power performs low detection limits for certain covered elements.
- High cost-performance thermoelectric cooling Si-PIN detector as standard configurations for general test requirements, and optional advanced Silicon Drift Detector (SDD) of excellent energy resolution for better test accuracy and precision.
- Inbuilt signal-to-noise enhancer realizes 25 times improvement of effective signal processing.
|High voltage supply||Manufacturer||Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation (USA)|
|Stability||0.001% per 8 hours (temperature: 20°C ±0.2°C)|
|X-ray tube||Manufacturer||Oxford Instruments Plc (USA)|
|Tube voltage||4kV – 50kV|
|Tube current||50μA – 1000μA|
|Stability||0.2% over 4 hours|
|Primary filters||Automatic selection from among 5 types of filters.|
|Pore diameter range||⌀0.2, ⌀0.5, ⌀1.0, ⌀2.0, ⌀3.0, ⌀4.0, ⌀6.0, ⌀8.0 (mm)|
|Detection system (alternative)||Type||Thermoelectric cooling Silicon PIN detector (Si-PIN)|
|Thermoelectric cooling silicon drift detector (SDD)|
|Energy Resolution||Si-PIN detector: 150±5eV (Mn K-alpha)|
|SDD detector: 140±5eV (Mn K-alpha)|
|Signal-to-noise enhancer||Realize 25 times enhancement of effective signal processing|
|Multi-channel analyzer||A time-resolved multi-channel analyzer produces accumulating digital spectrum.|
|High resolution camera||Inbuilt 3 million pixels CCD camera for sample observation|
|Evacuation system||Oil vacuum pump||3 liters Dewar capacity|
|Pressure monitor||With pressure sensor|
|Software||Qualitative analysis||Measurement and analysis of measured data|
|Quantitative analysis||Calibration curve method, matrix correction|
|Utility||Automatic correction for intensity and energyMonitoring of operating condition of the instrumentFunction of tabulating the results of analysis|